Colours: Ultramarine blue, paynes grey, raw sienna, sap green and a very little dab of mader lake.
- Sketch 1 line for distant hills and a second line for the foreground approx 1/3 up the page.
- Paint a dilute wash of raw sienna over the whole sky you can dampen the paper first with clean water if you wish
- Paint in a mixture of ultramarine + paynes grey adding more water as you go down the paper. Before the paint dries dab out some cloud shapes with a paper towel.
- Paint in the hills with the same mixture as the sky + a small amount of madder lake. soften the edge in a couple of places (we want to avoid a solid line straight across the paper)
- Add in foreground with mixtures of raw sienna, sap green, ultramarine. Allowing the paint to mix on the paper.
- Add in trees and bushes in the middle ground
- Plan and sketch the tree. It's placed approx 1/3 of the way across. (see composition)
- Draw the tree with either a soft pencel (2B+) or a water soluble crayon. (see drawing a basic tree)
- Add more dark to the foreground and don't forget to "plant" your tree in a shadow